7.20.2010

Chicago: the Bean.

Micah and I just got back from Seattle yesterday (which I absolutely LOVED), but let's backtrack just a little bit. After Alison's wedding, and the pit stop at the Leinie Lodge, we made it to Chicago. It was an extension of our one-year anniversary celebration. And, my favorite part, besides eating at good restaurants with my sister and brother-in-law, was hands down the river architecture tour that we went on. It was so good that it deserves its own blog post, dedicated to all the amazing buildings that we saw.

But, before the architecture tour, we took a little walk over to the Bean.

It may be a tourist hotspot, but I think it's pretty cool (except for looking at it from some angles made me feel rather dizzy).

Reflection from the outside:

Reflection from the inside:

After taking what was probably an overkill of reflection pictures, both of us were in need of a refreshing beverage and a cool place to sit. So, of course, like all good coffee drinkers, we had already researched the area's best reviewed coffee and well, Intelligentsia was overwhelmingly the favored pick on yelp.
At first I ordered an iced americano, but was quickly informed by the barista that their iced coffee was much better. And, I'm happy to say it was tasty. Although, I must add that my memory is a little foggy, given that Seattle has some of the best coffee and we just got back from there. I mean, it's almost to the point that one need not yelp a place before going to double check! Preposterous, but true. Oh, Seattle, I think you might have stolen a little bit of my heart.

No comments: