7.29.2010

seattle.

{This here is post no. 9 in the month of july. Wahoo, that's a personal record for me this year.}

Saturday (7.17) was sightseeing day, and a lot was packed into a 24 hour time period. Some how we conned our way into getting a ride into the city from Micah's uncle (who actually grew up there). He took us to a park in the Queen Ann that showed an amazing view.


And, the zoom on my camera isn't too shabby.


Some friends, Jon & Elisa, picked us up and we were off. First stop was brunch. I don't have any pictures, but it was good, greasy breakfast food in humongous portions. I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like.

From there we went to the Fremont neighborhood, shopped around. I bought a watch, a real, big girl watch. Ok, well maybe not too big girl, it does have a picture of a cat on it. But it's not plastic, which is a large improvement since the last time I owned a watch.

We visited the Fremont troll. He hides out under a bridge. He looked lonely and sad, so Micah and I took our picture taken with him.


Jon and Elisa got there's taken too.


From there we got on a boat. Well, a large ferry to be exact.


It's a beautiful and relaxing ride over to Bainbridge Island.


And, Bainbridge is just as cute and seaside village like as it could possibly be. I took a lot of pictures of the boats in the harbor.



For some reason, this lopsided one is my favorite.


And, we actually got a group shot, even if Jon's expression is ridiculously absurd.


There's always a couple photo shoot too, right?





And, then I guess some lady felt sorry for us, so she came and took our picture.


Soon enough everyone was hungry, so we headed back on the ferry to Seattle. We did the touristy thing and had dinner at one of the seafood restaurants on the pier. We had to wait awhile, but we were just in time to watch the sunset.

No comments: