7.23.2010

chicken, green beans, potatoes, and bell pepper salad.

Obviously, I'm not quite sure what to call this salad, so I just listed its ingredients. I got the recipe from a Real Simple magazine that I picked up a year ago on my honeymoon, and just recently gave it a try. I thought it was pretty good and also easy to make.

The ingredients:
-small red new potatoes, cut in half. (I used 4 total for the 2 of us...2 potatoes each and it was enough)
-green beans. (I just grabbed a bunch)
-1 yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise in strips.
-chicken, shredded. (The recipe says rotisserie chicken, but I just baked 2 chicken breasts with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and then shredded those).
-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
-2 tsp dijon mustard
-1 tbsp white wine vinegar
-kosher salt
-black pepper

Directions:
-Cook the potatoes in a steamer basket over simmering water, covered, for about 10 minutes.
-Add the green beans and cook, covered, until both are tender.
-Run under cold water to cool.
-In a bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp of both salt & pepper.
-Arrange the chicken, potatoes, green beans, and peppers on plates and drizzle with the dressing.**

Here's a picture of how mine turned out.

**Note: the dressing is pretty strong, so I'd suggest tasting it first to see how much you want drizzled on.

No comments: