6.26.2010

Alison + Aaron.

A week ago tomorrow my cousin got married and, in consistent Alison fashion, she looked gorgeous. The wedding was a beautiful reflection of the love they share for each other. Over the years, Alison and I have become closer. We climbed (I'm talking ice picks, helmets, and crampons) Mt. Shasta together, which according to her is a simple hike in the woods. Oh no, it's 14,179 ft tall! As I cultivated my love for San Francisco, Alison was already there to share in my discoveries. And it was around the same time that we both fell in love with the people we ended up marrying. Personality wise, Al and I are really similar. If you know what INFP means, we're both that and will proudly brag about it till the day we die. (: But she is much more laid back than I am, much more go with the flow, and has a much deeper ability to enjoy life regardless of any negative experiences. She's amazing and I love her. And these are just a few pictures from her wedding weekend.

Let's begin with the "Stash n' the Dash" Bachelorette Party...we all wore mustaches and quite honestly, I couldn't believe the amount of complements we got on them.

This is a terrible picture of me, but sadly, I think it's the only one I took of the two of us. I'm wearing the "Grandfather" stash, which apparently means grey caterpillar.
The first stop was to go riding on those 4-person bikes you can rent in a lot of big parks. However, we got there 30 minutes before they were closing and they don't rent bikes out that late. The guy must of felt rather sorry for us, since he allowed us to bike around a little loop close by.

The sexy bride-to-be.
The whole group.
The second stop was burritos and margaritas, and after that just should not be talked about...(:

Saturday, Alison hosted a bridal tea, complete with three different tea tastings. My favorite was the pear green tea. Yum! After which, we did flowers and later headed out to Aaron's family's farm for the rehearsal. In between flowers and the rehearsal, I hung out with my sister and one of my aunts. We were all pretty tired and hungry, so naturally, we hit up their hotel restaurant, ordering coffee and nachos. I'm not going to lie though, it was tasty, and I was rather impressed by the fact that they had fresh jalapenos and not canned ones.

And then came the wedding day.
She's so pretty.

I think it's good luck to spot the oscar meyer truck on your wedding day.

Alison's grandmother.
Alison's mom (my aunt) and aunt.
I just loved the lighting in the bridal suite. The windows were flooded with light, but it didn't overpower the room.

Again, I don't have any photos of the ceremony, since I was a wedding model. But, here's a picture my aunt took of Micah and I afterwards. Happy 1-yr anniversary!
The reception was held at the Bedlam Theatre (shout out to their roasted red pepper dip!). They have a roof top deck with a great view of Minneapolis.
And, although this picture looks like A + A are having a serious conversation, it is the only picture of the two of them that I took. Tragic, I know.
And that is my version of Alison and Aaron's wedding. Congratulations you two!

No comments: