7.21.2010

Chicago: the River Architecture Tour.


Usually, when I visit a different city, I steer away from tours. I like exploring neighborhoods (with the ability to be picky and stay longer where I like, less where I don't). I like seeing the local flavor, window shopping, and eating, and noting quirky aspects that don't necessarily define a place, but enhance it nonetheless. But, my mom suggested this one, which my parents went on with my sister a few years ago, so Micah and I decided to give it a try. It was SO worth the money. Chicago has so many incredible buildings.

On the boat, ready to go.

Corn-on-the-cob buildings.



The Merchandise Mart, all 4 million sq ft of floor space.
{Here it is from the other side.}

Love the two buildings on the sides framing the ones in the middle.

Lots of the buildings on the water are converted warehouses. Recycle, reuse!

This one's my favorite.

Someone's a Blackhawks fan.

The Sears Tower (I know, I know, it's been renamed...)

Still having fun.



Check out the wavy building in the back.


Chicago: the birth place of the Ferris Wheel.

Beautiful.

2 comments:

SLR said...

I miss it there so much!!! It will always be the Sear's Tower to me! I'm glad y'all had fun.

emilykatz said...

I went on this river tour too and loved it!!