9.14.2009

the quarter system.

The University of Denver operates on the quarter system. Each quarter is composed of 10 weeks. Yes, only 10 weeks to obtain and retain all the information my classes have to bestow upon me. I have yet to decide how I feel about this, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt. First off, this structure allows me to take at least 3 more classes in the same amount of time as the semester system. Secondly, if I hate a class, I only have to suffer through it for a measly 10 weeks. And lastly, a month and a half break from Thanksgiving through Christmas sounds wonderful!

Tomorrow, I begin my classes at the Korbel School of International Studies (sounds impressive, no?) Well, I'm darn right nervous about it. Let's be honest, I'm little prepared for this. Here's hoping that I won't be washed up in a sea of political jargon and forget about my social work roots.

I leave you with a few pictures of the weekend adventure to Breckenridge, courtesy of Melissa & Andrew's keen driving capabilities!

award for cutest dog of the year goes to:
P1020762

P1020771

the redheads!
P1020770
P1020774

No comments: