9.17.2009

happy birthday dad & sister!

Today is my dad and my sister's birthday! Yep, they were born on the same day, just obviously not the same year.

According to the pocket-knife key my sister and I gave him on a birthday long past, my dad's the #1 dad. I can almost here Will Ferrel in Elf echoing, "You did it, congratulations! Number one dad! Great job everybody." But in all sincerity, he really is a great dad. He may not always have the answer I want him to have and we don't see eye to eye on a lot. But, I think his years of life have made him a thinking, honest, and passionate person. He is definitely someone I look up to. And, if 19 years of teaching high school math doesn't make you a saint, I don't know what does.

DSC07439_1
Happy Birthday Dad!



And 29 years after my Dad was born, Kristen was born. It was a rainy, autumn morning...just kidding, I have no idea what the temperament was that day. Anyway, Kristen's always been there to point her little sister (that would be me) in the right direction. I'm told she taught me my ABC's and spelling my name, because how could she of suffered the shame of letting me go off to school ill-prepared. And her sense of humor (or should I say sarcasm) is top notch. She's brilliant, determined, and beautiful!

P1010620
Happy Birthday Kristen!


Oh, and have I mentioned they run marathons? Because they do! My mom and I don't, maybe it's a September 17th thing.

n604599806_1107362_2878
Happy Birthday to two-fifths of my family!

No comments: