9.20.2009

bedroom revitalization, part 2.

A dresser.

A couple weeks back, I found a dresser I liked on craigslist. So, of course, I phoned the seller and made an offer. A few days later, there that dresser sat in our bedroom. Having only spent $70 on a solid (semi-antique) wood dresser, I felt rather pleased. But, I was not content there. I had made up my mind to paint the thing, spruce it up a bit.

This is what we started with.
P1020830
The feet are rather cute.

Yesterday, we made our way to the hardware store and spent $20 on paint, brushes, and drawer liner.

We set up shop in the living room/dinning room/study.
P1020833

And I took off the drawer knobs to give them a little extra pizazz.
P1020836

From there the real fun started. We busted open our pail of onyx tinted paint and got to painting.

Here's Micah putting on the first coat.
P1020839

And here's what the knobs look like after I got my hands on them.
P1020842

A second coat of paint, a couple beers, and burgers & fries later, we assembled our masterpiece.
P1020852
And we patted ourselves on the back for a job well done.

We also added my attempt at painting. They're dandelions if it's hard to tell.
P1020856

And that concludes the transformation of our dresser.
dresser

What do you think?

2 comments:

micah said...

I think it is wonderful. How did you get the black paint so smooth? You must have had a good little helper!
P.S. I do like the knobs a lot.

vmchechile said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! The knobs are so "CG"!