9.28.2009

Colorado vs. California

This is Emily.
Emily's birthday was last Tuesday, but it wasn't until this past Saturday that we were able to celebrate!

And to celebrate we went to Balistreri Vineyards right here in good 'ol Denver. Who knew Denver had wineries? But apparently this one had won its share of awards.

And apparently Emily's boyfriend Chris isn't such a big fan of wine.

I don't know if you can tell by the picture below, but there was a plethora of wine to taste. And all for free (beat that California wineries)!


We had such fun tasting and eating (did you notice that platter of food in the first pic? if you didn't, go ahead and scroll back up to drool over all the goodness.) We also enjoyed the amazing weather that facilitated a beautiful afternoon.

Sadly, I didn't get one picture of Emily and I together, but Happy Birthday Emily!!


The match-up: Colorado vs. California

The Good:
1) California's scenic Sonoma County wineries are hard to beat. The rolling hills, the majestic sunsets. It's magical I tell you. (California: +1)
2) BUT, something (a lot of green somethings) must be said when wine tasting is free. It also happens to be magical. (Colorado: +1)
3) I may have eaten the best cheese/appetizer plate of my life. (Colorado: +1)
4) I like my wine to hint at fruit, perhaps not drown me in it. (California: +1)
5) San Francisco is in California (California: +1)
6) Friendliness, friendliness, friendliness & great service. (Colorado: +1)

The Bad:
7) Although the temperature outside was nice and relaxing, warm wine tends to not be. (Colorado: -1)

And The Ugly:
8) I've been charged $20 for a single tasting at a winery in Napa, 'nuff said. (California: -1)
9) Balistreri looks as though it's smack dap in the middle of the industrial side of town, not so much an ideal location. (Colorado: -1)

The total count: California = 2, Colorado = 1
(close, very close, did I leave anything out?)

Again, Happy Birthday Emily & thank you so much for being born & planning an extravagant evening!

No comments: