3.31.2009

picture overload

Emily came to town! It reminded me how great it is to have a close girlfriend to hang out with. I loved it! Speak freely. Sangria. Outdoorsy. Remember whens. I love the ocean. Eat good food. Run. Be honest. Be relaxed. Sad to say goodbye. Those words are a small start to how our days together were spent.

We started the weekend right at Cha Cha Cha with heafty servings of SANGRIA and a variety of scrumptous tapas. And to top it off, we played Settlers of Catan (SF Emily, you've got some competition).


Now, without further ado, here are the pictures.


i think david bisbal would be proud of our facial expressions in this pic





we ARE that couple.


the palace of fine arts is so serene. it feels completely disjointed from "urban city."


after making our way from the marina into the presidio, we waited for the bus to take us up to the golden gate bridge. don't worry, we're not that lazy. after photographing the bridge, we hiked along the ocean all the way to baker beach.






Sunday night we ate at Seafood Cafe. We guzzled up our free, cheap wine while we waited for our table and between the 3 of us we had salmon, snapper, and scallops.

Monday: Emily and I got our fill of joggin/walking/running through GG Park. We scarffed down yogurt, granola, and fruit from my favorite La Boulange and "window shopped" the boutiques of Hayes Valley. The afternoon we lazily lounged at divisadero nails (cheap & relaxing) getting a mani/pedi! What better way to spend time then at the nail salon with trashy magazines and a great friend.

Monday night: We hookahed! Micah found a new hookah bar, and it was fantastic. Super chill, great ambiance, speedy service, and killer hookah!



happy hookahing



emily, are you jealous of my mad smoking skills?



maybe i'm jealous of Emily's skills?


And, I leave you with the gross, sleezy 'stache picture...


Emily, thank you SO much for spending the beginning part of your spring break with me! I can't wait to have weekly date nights with you in denver!

4 comments:

emilykatz said...

I can take her ;)

vmchechile said...

Girlfriends should be allowed free airline tickets to visit each other!

Melissa said...

yeah! looks like you had fun. I especially love that micah still rocks our super sweet urban track jackets. I suggest, when you two move here, that we have an urban track jacket day and take lots and lots of ridiculous photos :) love you!

cg said...

Nique-I totally agree!

Melissa--I think the urbak jacket is still micah's favorite thing to sport. I concur with the photo shoot!