3.19.2009

it twas good.

I made it through the first soon-to-be in-law meeting and really, there was nothing to have worried about. Dinner was a success. Although, I'm pretty sure that my mother-in-law-to-be was less than stoked about eating thai food, she graciously ate it. I felt comfortable in my home away from home...Thai Place II. We had lots of food, and even if the conversation was less than great, it wasn't too awkward (which in my book counts as a huge positive).

After dinner, the 6 of us braved the billowing winds to my apartment. It amazes me how soon men can become "besties" when enticed by March Madness. By the way, I filled out my bracket, but since I haven't watched any of the games I have no idea how [poorly] I am doing. My mom, Micah's mom, and I took sanctuary in the kitchen with a pot of tea. We talked wedding stuff and from there I was pretty impressed by the openness of conversation that flowed naturally and mutually. I guess it just takes finding that common thread that breaks the ice.

So, fear not blogosphere, the first meeting twas good!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

yeah!! I don't know what i'll do when I eventuall experience the in-law meeting...i'm getting awkward just thinking about it. ahh.

vmchechile said...

YEAH!! Even when there's no worries, it's still a relief. I've had worries...I still do, so count yourself lucky! Hope the rest of the visiting goes well!