3.27.2009

Excited

Emily's coming to town tomorrow!

I met Emily in Spain FIVE years ago. We both happened to have choosen the same study abroad program and the same city: Granada! I can't begin to recap all the memories we shared learning how to navigate living in Granada, traveling to other Spanish cities, and coping living with our "senoras" (our homestudy moms). There were so many great moments, so many things that made life in Spain a tremendous learning experience and a life living adventure. We got hooked on "cafe con leche," made fun of our inability to blend in (not gunna happen with blond & red hair!), soaked up the richness of Spanish culture, discovered our favorite Spanish beverage Tinto de Verano (red wine & lemon fanta), and explored, explored, explored.

Since Spain, I've been pretty impressed with our keeping-in-contact skills. I visited her in Texas & spent time with her when Micah and I were in Denver. Oh, did I mention Emily LIVES in Denver..Hurray! And now, she's coming to San Francisco.

I can't wait for our relaxing & fun-filled girly weekend!

No comments: