4.14.2009

Expenses

Expenses are piling up. There's wedding, there's honeymoon, there's moving, there's school. Most people look at me like I'm crazy when I explain that all these "life-changing" events are culminating into a big explosion set to take place in a matter of months.

I'll admit I'm worried. I'm worried about figuring out little details and big details, while at the same time staying within budget. I'm worried about spending money on a bathing suit and cute clothes for the honeymoon. I'm worried about finding an apartment in Denver that is in an area we will like, but at a price that is affordable. I'm worried about starting school with barely any savings, while Micah job hunts in an economy that no in no uncertain terms "has gone belly up." I'm worried about having NO furniture (i.e. a table or a couch or a dresser) in our first apartment. All these worries, big and small, add up. They bring on those moments of total breakdown, staring at budgets and trying to simply breathe through the sobs.

Sometimes it's helpful to stop and think "wow, worrying about a tight budget, but still being able to do the things I want" is nothing worth my worrying energy. I mean, I KNOW that we'll be fine. I know that if I need to live off a diet of rice and beans, I can. I know that having family and friends that love and support me is an almost unpenetrable security blanket.

And besides all that, I'm promising for richer or poorer..right?

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

There was a line on the West Wing where the president says to his wife, "So, this is why they make you take vows, huh?" She says, "Yup. This is why." Jon and I have had a couple of moments like that. You promise a lot, for richer or poorer, we feel...well, not really been on the prior end of that one, but we get through it and you will too, no matter which end your on. :)