2.04.2010

nora's favorite room in the apartment is....

The Bathroom!

Seriously, this cat cannot get enough of the bathroom. If I get up to go to the bathroom, she immediately jumps up as well to try to sneak her way in. She sits outside of the bathroom when I'm taking a shower. She LOVES this room. Just today, I walked past it on my way to get something from the bedroom and I spotted her here
I, of course, snapped a few pictures before telling her not to use the sink as her new favorite lounging area.

Then, later on, I heard her in the bathroom in what sounded like a raucous game of tug-of-war over the shower curtain. Sure enough, I went in there and it was her matched against the shower curtain rod. Since I was afraid she might win, I took her out of the bathroom and shut the door. It appeared to me that a little separation between Nora and the love of her life might do her some good; I mean I don't want to promote an unhealthy obsession.

However, I believe the obsession might have already come to pass. Not more than 5 minutes upon shutting Nora out of her beloved bathroom, did I find her stretching her paw under the door in some effort to reconnect with it. Another couple minutes later she had managed to pull the bath mat from the bathroom into the hallway from UNDERNEATH THE DOOR.
(the door she is laying up against is the one to the bathroom)
I guess she decided if she couldn't go into the bathroom, she would bring the bathroom out to her!

4 comments:

lauren said...

nora is adorable! it's odd that she's so fond of the bathroom- i wonder what goes on in her head?

micah said...

maybe we can train her to use the toilet?

SMarge said...

hah! that is a very funny story.

vmchechile said...

Oreo still tries to get into the bathroom with us. He's always had his litter box in there and is very comfortable "hanging out" in there while it's in use by a human. He still will go between the shower curtain and liner while I take a shower...so odd. I love that Nora got the bath mat out from under the door!!!