2.11.2010

i felt like i was screaming.

Ok, perhaps I was screaming. But it was so loud, I could barely even hear what I was saying, nonetheless hope that my words were reaching the other side of the table.

It's one of the few places I like in Denver, but it just happened to be ladies night out. Ladies night out translated means older women loudly talking and giggling/cackling at the top of their lungs.

It had been a while since Micah and I actually took advantage of happy hour, something we tended to engage in rather well in sf. So, we arranged through text to meet up at LaLa's after Micah got out of work. LaLa's is a wine and pizza bar, it faintly reminds me of Fly Bar...oh, Fly Bar, how I miss thy sangria. Anyway, moving along, I got there first. I usually do. I perused the wine list, picked out my beverage of choice and listened to the growing hum of friendly conversation.

We shared an appetizer and then decided we would stay for dinner too, oh, and we tapped dessert on the end. It wasn't cozy or romantic, it was more raucous and laughable. I mean after asking for something to be repeated 10 times, the moment has probably passed.

But, I like happy hour. I like simply sitting across the table from the person I love the most (audible conversation is overrated anyway).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i'm sorry you don't like denver :(

cg said...

sorry melissa, i really should stop complaining. it's just hard going from a place that felt like home and that gave me a renewed sense of who I am to a place that i feel a lot of times i can't relate to at all. i wish it were different!

i liked your post on optimism & i think i have a lot to learn in that area! thanks for being such a great friend, even when i'm mean.