10.30.2009

A snowy season opening.

Wednesday evening was the big Denver Nuggets season opening basketball game. And no snow was going to keep this fan away from the big event.

The Pepsi Center is rather impressive in size, and I was reminded that it was the location of last year's democratic convention!

Micah and I once again teamed up with Melissa and Andrew. (See Melissa's post on the evening.)


And then came the half time show. I was on the edge of my seat to see who would be this year's musical guest (mainly because I heard Vanilla Ice (last year) and MC Hammer (2 years ago) had shown up).
And the Nuggets did not disappoint. It was Naughty by Nature! You know you're down with O.P.P.

See the excitement written all over our faces!


And lastly, I leave you with Denver's famous star, "The Birdman." He's on the left hand side, the one with the spiky-bird like hair, and just so you know he has tattoos of wings on his biceps. Cute, huh?

And here is Birdman's biggest fan, oh the resemblance is striking! (Yes, there is fringe plastered on his shirt to look like feathers).

The season opening was everything I hoped it'd be and more.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

great pics cg! I'm glad you had fun!!