10.15.2009

pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

It seems as though recently everyone's been talking about pumpkin and chocolate creations recently. So, in honor of this new obsession, I made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Here's how.

The ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar (I mixed brown and white to give it a little extra flavor)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/4 cups of vegetable oil (this seemed like a lot, so I used 1 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup oil)
3 cups of flour
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon (I added a little extra)
1 tsp salt
12 oz chocolate chips (I used less because I didn't want the chocolate to overpower the pumpkin)
I also added nutmeg (I sprinkled it in, so I'm not sure how much.

Directions:
First, I mixed all the wet ingredients + sugar together (eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil &/or applesauce).

Second, I combined all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg) and stirred them into the pumpkin mixture.

Fourth, I folded in the chocolate chips.

Lastly, I greased the muffin pan and filled the cups 3/4 full. And then baked them for 16-20 minutes (mine came out just right at 18 min).

The finished product:


And, a very special birthday shoutout goes to JJ (Veronique's son) who turned 1 today!!!! JJ, you're too cute for words. Thanks for flying all the way to san francisco to meet me. I wish you all the happiness in this next year of life! --Love "Auntie" CG
See? Isn't he cute?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Yum! I'm going to try these during fall break! We definitely need to have a pumpkin party for sure.

Anonymous said...

Did mom & dad tell you about my pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes? It's a great combination!

cg said...

No they didn't. But, more proof that everyone's talking about it! One of my friends told me about a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, which sounds wonderful. Did you start a blog????

p.s. Melissa...when are we going to do a pumpkin party?

Anonymous said...

No, I just want to be able to respond to other people's blogs.

My cupcakes had cinnamon frosting. They were really good.

Wanting What I Have said...

It IS you!!! :)

Those muffins look DIVINE...and, I am curious, you used apple sauce in place of oil?! How have I missed this? I'll have to google it...

I gather from your blog you are newly married?CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Please tell your parents hello for me!

I wish I could cuddle up with hot chocolate. I'd melt away. I'm in a tank and flip flops today...

Melissa said...

pumpkin party next sunday??