1.13.2011

Disney during the holidays.

(Yes, I know it's January, but I never got around to posting these.)


Over Thanksgiving, I got the chance to go to Disneyland for the second time. Seeing as though I've only ever been during the holidays, I can't compare it to any other time. But, for some reason, I'm under the impression that it's just a little bit more magical with all the lights and decorations and parades and
fake snow.


Mmm...Mickey Mouse beignets.

Of course we rode the much anticipated teacup ride.
It makes me nauseous every time (all 2 times I've been), but I can't turn it down.


The Dumbo ride was also on the agenda,
although you can't really tell that we're riding it here.

And when the sun goes down, it's time for the holiday parade,
which features a number of familiar disney faces.


And, of course, Santa comes at the end!


But if you think the fun is over once Santa's passed by, you'd be sadly mistaken.
Because, after all that, there's still fireworks, the lighting of the castle,
and fake snow to come.
And, if you think that it doesn't get cold in Southern California,
you'd also be mistaken.
You better have hot chocolate or coffee to warm your freezing hands
(just a heads up, both are terrible at Disney).


The Castle looks pretty mysterious all lit up and glowing from the smoke and chemical remains of the fireworks. But, magical all the same.

No comments: