2.03.2009

joint account

micah and i have a joint bank account. it's kind of wierd, but even wierder the experience we had getting it.

maria works at ** bank and she just happened to be working the day micah and i went in to open our account (lucky for us!). micah was on his lunch break, so there was a bit of a time crunch, little did we know how lengthy of a process it is to set up a joint account at ** bank with maria helping us. maria asked us some questions. we told her where we work, how much we make, how much we have in savings, etc.. then, she asked for two forms of i.d. we both presented her with our driver's licenses and our debit cards. she took them and continued filling out the forms on her computer.

as the conversation progressed, it was quite clear that maria was never destined to be a short term information memorizer. i say this because no matter how many times we told her our names, she never got them right. micah was "me-kel" and i was "gracie" (god knows where that came from). seriously, maria, you are LOOKING at our driver's licenses. can't you read our names straight of the cards? even after verbally annoucing our names a good 4 times each it was still unclear to her who was sitting in front of her.

maria comes to the find out that she forgot to enter some vital information way back when, and her co-worker explains she will need to start over. omg! when will this end?

we continued. finally, we got to the part in the process where we needed to sign away our lives away to ** bank. none of this paper signing anymore, its all electronic. micah signs first. then it's my turn...i picked up the pen to sign my name below my printed name. it read "clara gracie farr." maria, really? gracie? can you not read? can you not hear the words coming out of my mouth. my name is clara GRACE!! where did you get gracie from? i proceed to tell maria that my middle name is not gracie...once again. she apologizes, tells me to sign anyway and then tells me she will change it and have me sign again.

jump forward like 27 minutes, i sign my name under the correct spelling of my name. i enter my password (like 2 times, because for some "odd" reason the computer just couldn't process it on the first go around. micah leaves after already being 30 minutes past his lunch break (whoops). i stay until the bitter end.

i wait for the final papers and i bid maria farewell (good riddance).

but, hey we have a joint bank account. mission accomplished.

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

Gracie? Well, there is a GG episode called "Goodnight, Gracie". That's best, the only, I've got.