2.09.2009

Daniel and Amanda

My roomies are moving out. They have made the brave (sometimes I think insane) decision to hike the Appalachian Trail. That's about 2, 175 miles of pure walking, no cheating, no cars, no planes, no trains, no bikes, just one step in front of the other. The WHOLE way! It's a commitment. It's about a 7 month (maybe shorter, maybe longer) commitment to admiring nature and escaping wild pigs, mountain lions, and bears.

They leave a week from today, on February 16, 2009. They are driving from California to Mississippi and then in the beginning of March they will embark on their adventure.

Daniel: I will miss your honest opinion, your southern roots, your sarcasim, and your listening ear.

Amanda: I will miss your expressions, your inquisitive nature, your hand-me-downs, and your humor.


I will miss our long conversations around the kitchen table, discussing everything for politics to bodily functions. I will keep fond memories of hiking half dome and "panda dogs." I will miss our boardgame playing, social drinking, and secret keeping.

Thank you for being great roommates! I'm excited to get updates (hopefully) about your trek and I can't wait to see you guys when you've finished!

Best of LUCK!

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

Will you be living alone, moving, or getting new roomies???