1.01.2010

a new year, a new decade: 2010.

Last night I went to bed around 10:30 pm; quite obviously I did not make it to ring in the arrival of a new year and even more exciting a new decade. But at least I have an excuse...I was sick. Not anything too spectacular, just a cold, plain and simple, that sent me to bed way before the new year. But, this past year has been a special one. It changed my life, uprooted it completely. So, I suppose it's only appropriate at this time of year to reflect on the past and how it has morphed me into the person I am now.

This year I...got a new president. applied to grad school. chose wines for my wedding. discovered Britex Fabrics and went back a lot. opened a joint account. got internally upset with numerous clients. sewed buttons onto felt. wished daniel and amanda a 'fair thee well' on hiking the appalachian trail. got accepted into grad schools, got waitlisted too. went to medjool. decided to attend University of Denver; decided to move to Denver. hosted the meeting of parents; it was a success. emily visited. went to the ballet with ji hae, emily, lis, julie, and sarah. kristen and hsiong got engaged. alison and aaron got engaged. sent out wedding invitations. received lots of little green cards in response. cried unabashedly over numerous clients. bought micah a hookah. bought wedding bands. worried over my wedding dress; but finally received it. had irish coffee for the first time and loved it. had an unfortunate experience at a bridal shop in the mission. bought green wedding shoes. ran bay to breakers! baked desserts after stressful nights at work. welcomed a new laptop into my life. saw sung become a wife and ryan become a husband. jumped up and down when micah got a job in Denver. danae cut my hair. friends threw me a bridal shower. my june bus pass was grey and green. found an apartment in Denver because of melissa. cried a lot over leaving San Francisco. cried a lot on my last day of work. was given flowers on my last day of work; they were beautiful. kristen threw me a bachelorette party; we toasted with champagne. had friends and family and people i had never met fly to San Francisco for june 20th. GOT MARRIED that day. had a honeymoon in hawaii. immediately moved to Denver upon returning from said honeymoon. immediately started school upon moving to Denver. learned Denver is not San Francisco. the sara(h)s visited. went to Birmingham to visit heather; we made peach cupcakes. ted kennedy passed away. hiked in the mountains. hung out with melissa and andrew a lot. bought a dresser and then refinished it. was asked to be a wedding model in kristen's wedding; nominated myself model of honor. enjoyed a denver winery. had a housewarming party. got our wedding photos. baked with real pumpkins. went to the nugget's season opening. made witch fingers. saw wicked from the first row. walked in snow and my feet got wet. divided holidays. spent thanksgiving in Alabama and christmas in Oregon. decorated for christmas. weekended in Salt Lake City. received the most beautiful wedding album. got winter boots from my parents for my birthday. made sticky buns and opened christmas stockings. fell asleep before midnight on new year's eve.

Decade in review: graduated from high school, went to Spain, graduated from college, moved to San Francisco, fell in love with a boy, married the boy, moved to Denver, started grad school.

No comments: