11.10.2009

not quite.

So, on Sunday, Micah and I ran the Race for Fetal Hope. I talked about it earlier here. In order to participate in the National Half-Marathon in D.C., one must first have a qualifying score from another race. The 5k (3.1 miles) qualifying score is 31 minutes.
Here we are before the race. I have my excited, happy face on.

However, you can be thankful there is no after photo, because it was not a pretty picture.
We finished the race in 31 minutes and 40 seconds...40 seconds over what we needed. And I cried. Yep, I cried. I was so frustrated with myself, because I know Micah could have made the time by himself no problem. It was me who slowed us down. Yes, I could've taken comfort in that we were so close, but so close does not qualify. Nevertheless, we are going to try again (perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment). So from now until December 6, I have some work cut out for me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

and i'm doing with you..maybe we can make each other faster.