10.18.2009

fall in the park

Remember last weekend when it was 18 degrees? Yah, well, this weekend it was in the 70s. I don't understand it, but I'll take it.







This weekend was beautiful fall weather. Micah and I walked in the park, ate lunch in the park, and ran in the park. We are gearing up (and by gearing up, I mean I'm still thinking about it) for running in the National Marathon. In order to do so, you have to have a qualifying run. Basically, that means I need to sign up to run a 5k and do it in under 31 minutes (which shouldn't be too bad). Although, I'm still blaming the Denver altitude on my slowness (it's of no concern that I've been here almost 4 months).

I think Micah found a run we can do. It's the Race for Fetal Hope, which supports expecting families diagnosed with fetal syndromes. The foundation's mission (as per their website) is to "provide support, provide information, fund research, increase awareness and be an outlet for leading medical information pertaining to fetal distresses and syndromes."

If you'd like to learn more, you can click here.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

you guys are adorable!!

SMarge said...

that's a great photo of you both. love it.