11.12.2009

happy birthday sarah margaret!

a little late, but I'm still sending happy wishes to her just the same.

this is Sarah Margaret.

this is her getting ready for my wedding! photo credit jshipley photography.
SM and I have been friends since we were 7! we played dollhouses, and library (is that normal for kids to play?), and we often waited tables (for imaginary people) and cooked (imaginary food) in the basement of SM's house in the upscale restaurant "Bud's." I even recollect that there were created menus involved (SM's always been the artsy type). Ahh, if only life were as fantastically boring as it was back then! Another tidbit of information, SM and I both adopted the double name, southern phenomenon when we went to college..it was the cool thing to do.
Sarah, you're an incredible person. Your charisma and intuitiveness are remarkable. You are both adventurous and grounded. I appreciate the way you view the world. It gives me a new perspective. You see beauty in the mundane and simplicity in the craziness. I hope as a friend your passion rubs off on me just a little bit.
Oh, and she likes to pick up "works in progress" on the side of the road.

You rock! And, I wish you the very best in this next year. I hope that through the unclarity and messiness of life itself, you will find a steady calm. I hope you find Birmingham to be a place that fits, if not just for the time being. I hope you grow and continue to experience the complexity of life all around you. I love you friend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH MARGARET!

p.s., as I was writing this post I realized I'm way behind on a birthday tribute to another close friend..MK. more on that to come! I'm going to blame that one on grad school!

1 comment:

SMarge said...

:) Awe, I was so surprised to read a whole entry about me! You are kind. Thank you.