1.09.2009

current thought

My, oh, my, how is that it is already January 9, 2009 and I haven't written in my blog. Good thing my new year's resolution wasn't to write in my blog everyday or I would have failed miserably. Anyway, I suppose since I missed the beginning of the year, I'm going to go ahead and forget about writing one of those welcome-new-year blog posts. I'm just going to dive right into 2009.

I've been thinking recently about my wedding. Of course, that's a natural thing to do, given the fact that I'm planning on getting married in less than 6 months and planning tends to require thinking about the actual event. But, I'm thinking about the actual day in terms of family and friends and not really wanting to think about (although I am) what kind of cake I'll be shoving into Micah's face at precisely 8:21pm, or if I'm going to hold white flowers or green flowers, or if a southern food buffet is too informal. Yes, I do want to have all those little details worked out, but I can honestly say I don't really care about them.

What I do care about is having kristen, heather, veronique, sarah, mary kay, and alison around to remember "that time when..." I want fall '05 Urbanites present (shout out to Melissa, who actually reads my blog) who remember all the gruesome details of the awkwardness of our beginning and still can't wait till we tie the knot. I can't wait till my parents see me on the wedding day in my dress for the first time. I can't wait to have my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, and SF friends and college friends all together. My heart beats faster and I can't help a smile spreading across my face when I think about all the people that will come together on june 20 to celebrate Micah and me getting married.

June 20 needs to come really quickly, because I can't wait to party with all the people I love the most!

No comments: