1.19.2009

Slumdog Millionaire


Last night I saw Slumdog Millionarie. I wanted to see it, because I had heard good things about it. However, I didn't know that much about the movie, therefore I didn't really know what to expect.

It was a very powerful movie. For those like me that have weak tolerance for visual violence, some parts were hard to watch. It was emotionally draining to keep my eyes focused on the screen during scenes I'd rather bury my head under a blanket for. The movie was a heart-wrenching tale of the poverty of this world, the greed and hatred of the "oppressor", and the enduring power of love. It was not cheesy though. It was well-written and well-performed. The story was brought to life in a way that I believed the sadness, the pain, the happiness, the confusion, the anger, and the hope that all 3 main characters felt.

The filming was bursting with unique shots; capturing colors, movements, and emotions in new angles.

I recommend seeing the movie. It is worth the $10 to see it in the theater. But, if you don't want to take my opinion, the movie has a 95 % on RottenTomatoes, a B+ for Critics on Yahoo, and an A for Users on Yahoo.

Go see it...It Is Written.

No comments: