1.11.2009

do we need a cleaver?

Friday night consisted of burgers, fried potatoes, hard apple cider, a rousing game of settlers of catan, sarah and larry, chocolate fondue, and great conversation


Saturday morning I spent time working on my University of Denver application. In the afternoon I ran 4 miles at the gym. And at night, Micah and I celebrated our engagement with good friends. We were treated to a fabulous homecooked meal (go ji hae!) and dessert at Candy Bar.


Sunday I got up early to get to church to meet with the elders to go over membership vows. Micah and I are now official city church members! After church we made some brunch and chatted it up with the roomies. After brunch, we embarked on the arduous challenge of registering.


We're still chipping away at our macy's registry, but we thought we could accomplish BB&B all in one day. We spent FOUR relentless hours there. It was hands down the longest time I've spent in one store. I was exhausted. Micah was exhausted. We were both overwhelmed by the amount of choices and the amount of things to register for. It's even stressful to look at the list your given to go through! I mean, who registers for a remote control holder and what is a fat separator?

Bus ride to BB&B: free with my bus pass
Registering at BB&B: 4 hours of my life
Buying a trader joe's spring roll before dying of starvation after registering at BB&B: $4.00
Registering for a lifetime spent with Pyrex: priceless

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

They say the thing that pushes engaged couples over the edge is not who to invite, who not to invite, how much you spend on a dress, but REGISTERING!!

Jon and I did half of BB&B and had to stop and go back the next night. It was just too much. We survived and I'm glad to hear you and Micah did as well.