11.13.2008

my morning/afternoon

Here's a glance at what I did today:



I sat at the same old kitchen table, working out of the same old gre book, and studying the same old gre flashcards. The one thing that did change? What I put in my belly!


















And now for my favorite salad.
Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
-greens/spinach
-goat cheese (or feta)
-apple slices
-craisins
-pomegranate seeds
-walnuts/pecans

Toss the greens/spinach with a balsamic dressing (see recipe below). Layer with the rest of the ingredients. If you're feeling extra crazy, drizzle a little more balsamic dressing on top.

Balsamic dressing: (serves 4)
Ingredients:
-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
-1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
-1 tablespoon dijon mustard
-1 teaspoon light brown sugar
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Mix all ingredients except olive oil. Then add oil to mixture and mix well with whisk.

Enjoy!

1 comment: