11.14.2008

Click

Click. Click. Click.

How often can you click your gum in a 30 second period of time?

TOO often.

Ok, so here's another client story:

I met with client j this morning. She was chewing gum when she came in. I don't mind a gum chewer. I mean, I like gum, why shouldn't others. Oh, but wait, this is no normal gum chewer. J is a gum clicker. I doubt that is actually a term, but I don't know how else to classify it. A gum clicker is someone that constantly and unceasinly clicks their gum. It is an obnoxious habit to listen to, one that makes me want to pull out all my hair and rip off all my fingernails in order to create a distraction pulling my focus away from the clicking.

The clicking just kept going. I met with her for a little over an hour and the clicking didn't stop. How is that possible? Didn't she get tired of the repetitive motion of moving her tongue in her mouth to produce the fingernails-on-chalkboard click? Didn't she? Didn't she?

I wanted a fifteen minute break after meeting with J just to clear the sound out of my head. I think I can hear it still.

Click. Click. Click.

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

Ok, I definatly did a comment yesterday and it didn't go through.

I can't imagine how annoying that must have been. The refrigerator drives me nuts.