10.04.2011

Portland and some good news.

Well, I've been gone awhile. I guess that whole "blog 2-3 times a week thing" did not pan out so well for me. I'm back though, and it's fall, and I have some good news to share.

I was in Portland last week. Micah had a business trip and decided to spend some extra time up there with family, so I tagged along. I actually got to enjoy 3 of the 10 days per year that Portland has good weather (I kid, but seriously, I'm not sure I could handle all that drizzly rain). I really did luck out though. While Micah was busy in meetings talking bank strategies, I wandered around the city. It was the perfect weather, sunny and warm, but not too hot.

Micah's younger sister gifted me a late graduation present of a manicure and getting my hair styled. It was fun, and I felt super glamorous when I left the salon. I mean, my hair never looks like this!
photo.JPG

I also can't imagine ever spending time to achieve this look on my own, not to mention that I don't own a hair dryer or one of those big round brushes or any styling talent to be able to make this happen again. It was fun while it lasted though.

While I was walking around Portland, I passed by the Timbers Stadium (the city's soccer team). See those pictures they have up? That was a contest that fans participated in.
photo.JPG

One of Micah's friends tried out. I think he should have won, he looks very portland-ish (meaning he has some type of crazy facial hair). Don't you think?
180576_534154908104_98300297_31315114_1029228_n

Anyway, most of my trip was spent shopping, shopping for clothes to be precise. Or to be even more exact, shopping for work clothes. Because, this girl is FINALLY employed! (hint: this is the good news!) I found out about the job offer while I was in Portland, which made it that much of a better trip. Although I don't feel comfortable splashing all the details of my new employment for the internet to see, I am so excited about this new opportunity. The position is a clinical case manager, which basically boils down to being part case manager and part therapist. I'll be working with adults, which is also a huge positive for me. And, I start in little less than a week.

So, a big thank you goes out to everyone that has commented or emailed or called sending their encouragement about job searching, as well as those that sent their best wishes that I would find a job soon. I really do appreciate it! And, as my days of unemployment will soon come to an end, I'm trying to soak up these last few days of "freedom," while also running tons of errands to get myself ready.

Our last morning in downtown, we went to Voodoo Doughnut, a Portland legend and rightfully so.
7b864446ff66426b8c44aacff5b7776b_7
The inside decor is pretty awesome.
photo.JPG

They have TONS of doughnuts, of all flavors.

Micah got the Maple Bacon Bar. I'm not a huge fan of maple bars, but I had a bite of this one and it was pretty tasty, the sweet and salty combination balanced well.
34dfd80168f0428091e12c2de882cc5d_7

And I got the Oreo Peanut Butter Doughnut (breakfast of champions, folks).
4bf36ecf7e4446269a976cba90660669_7
This thing was huge and extremely rich. Delicious, but too much to finish in one sitting.

After Voodoo, Micah and I headed out to the suburbs to hang out with family, including a cousin's wedding that we went to on Saturday. The whole trip was a ton of fun. I loved getting to see more of Portland and spend some time with family outside of the usual craziness of the holidays. Oh, and I got a job! I could not be happier!!

1 comment:

vmchechile said...

AAAHHHHH!!!!! YES!!!!! Email me when you can have a phone date soon, cuse I want to hear EVERYTHING!!!!!