9.01.2011

our new apartment, the bedroom.

We are finally mostly settled into our new apartment. All but a couple random things that are still lingering in the living room have found a space to call their own. And, it already feels like home.

Micah moved back to San Francisco a month before I did, so when I got here our apartment was already picked out. Yes, I had seen pictures. But when we pulled up with all our stuff ready to be unpacked, I was a little anxious to see our new place. I trusted Micah, but this was going to be home for at least the next year, so I wanted to love it. And, I do. But, it took a little nesting first.

The first room to come together was the bedroom. I think this was for two reasons: 1. we had most of the furniture already, 2. I was so excited to have a bedroom large enough to move around in!

P1060393

As your can tell, our bedroom is mostly black furniture, lots of white and grey, but with accents of red and blue.

P1060394

One thing we were not crazy about is a tacky, fake wood accordion door that exists to separate an opening between the living room and bedroom. I did not want to wake up staring into my living room (that's why I rented a 1-bedroom, not a studio). But, I also did not want to look at that awful accordion door.

P1060396

Problem solved. It's like having a red accent wall!

I only wish the chair (which previously found a home in the living room) was a different color. I don't have the slightest clue how to go about reupholstering a chair like that (or any chair for that matter).

P1060397

Our two nightstands were the only new furniture purchase. And they cost a grand total of $80, bought off craigslist. Oh, to have space for nightstands, what a luxury!

And, that's the bedroom. The only thing I still would like to do is find a purpose for that wood beam (seen in the first & third pictures) that has 4 hanging hooks. I am thinking maybe some type of lanterns. I'm not really a plant person, I kill plants when I have them, so that wouldn't work. But, other than that, I think the room came together quite nicely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I think we have the same nightstands.

Becca {While You Were Napping} said...

gorgeous!!

lauren said...

this looks great! i hope you have a couch I can crash on when I come to visit!!

cg said...

Thanks everyone! And, Lauren, of course there's a place for you to crash when you come out!