6.10.2010

well.

Well, May came and went. It came and went without a blog post. In fact, I think it's been almost a two month leave of absence for me.

Really, I don't know where to start in updating. It feels like it's been an eternity, but I suppose it's better late than never. So, here's a quick recap to catch you up to speed.

My sister got married, remember that?

She looked beautiful and the happiest I think I've ever seen her. She ran a half-marathon the morning OF the wedding, breaking a personal record, yah, she's competitive like that. Then, she put on a elegant white dress and amazing gold shoes and got married. It was a perfect day, and a wedding that was so fitting to their style and personalities. Classy is the word I would use to describe it. Oh, and I was a wedding model...remember the aqua dress?
Well, I wore it and modeled to my heart's content! The location was gorgeous, decorated with fabric draping and bright red Chinese lanterns. It had plenty of space for all the tables and a nice, big dance floor. And, boy did we dance.
My dad did the ceremony, but I caught one little kiss before it all began.
Kristen, you're awesome. I'm so glad I got to celebrate with you. Here we are being fierce!

I finished my first year of grad school.

Eleanor even got up from her favorite chair to congratulate me.

It makes me overjoyed with happiness that I am half way done with my program. In fact, given that I am getting a dual degree in two years, it's almost like I have one finished, and one more to go. So, in light of that, you can just go ahead and start calling me an MA.

I can't believe Micah and I have been in Denver for a year now. Overall, it seemed to have gone so fast, even if at times I felt it was dragging along.

I went back to THE city.
You read that right. I went back to San Francisco. I pretended I had never left. I ate way too much food and rode the bus like a pro. I reminisced, at times fighting back tears. And, I dreamed. Dreamed of moving back, of being a local again. And, I wasn't alone in it all. Micah was right there with me, eating too much, riding the bus, reminiscing, and dreaming. And, it felt right to be doing all those things with my best friend.

If I recounted all the places we went and all the people we got to see, well, it would look much like an hour by hour itinerary, bouncing from one place to the next. And, it was well worth the delayed fight from denver, the lack of sleep, and the 5+ pounds I gained! Micah and I were worried that after a year of building up the city in our heads, that it might not be able to compete, that it might disappoint. But, it did not. It felt like old times, like this pass year had never come and gone.
Our last morning there, Micah had an all-day work training, so I enjoyed a quiet moment at the Ferry Building all by myself. Being the introvert that I am, it was the perfect ending to an amazing, action-packed long weekend. I grabbed a latte and a caramelized belgian waffle from blue bottle and gazed out at the San Francisco Bay. Perfection.

No comments: