6.20.2010

one - year.

Time flies. It's the expression we use when birthdays pass, accomplishments are made, and new years sneak up on us. It's an expression that bemoans the fleeting moments of life's days. And, it's an expression that remains eager for more time to come. a warning and a celebration.
A year ago today I married my best friend. It was perfect. A celebration of our love and a promise of a future of shared experiences. While I understand a tad bit more the gravity that's associated with the day, I'm so glad that our wedding was a party. I wanted eating, and dancing, and drinking, and dancing. And, although I can't speak for others, it succeeded and surpassed my expectations. It was joyous and rowdy and I loved it.
In our first year of marriage, there has been what at times seemed like a revolving door of change surrounding us. new city. new people. new school. new job. But there was safety in our relationship. Our worlds changed, but the outside labels of wife and husband and student and Coloradan didn't change who we are. The growth we experienced wasn't because of identities placed on us, but was a compilation of new knowledge and new memories. Life with another person isn't always easy, but life with Micah is never dull! And I don't doubt that he loves me. This anniversary is a celebration, and it is also a reminder that life deserves to be lived to the fullest.
Time flies.

2 comments:

SLR said...

I cannot believe it has been a year already! Congratulations! It was so good to see you guys. Have a wonderful week!

Melissa said...

I love this! So glad to have been party to some of the moments in your first year of marriage. You guys rock and you are definitely one of my favorite "couple friends" in my life.