8.20.2009

birmingham.

Sometimes I feel the more that I live away from Birmingham, the more I want to connect with it, understand it, remember it. It's an interesting sentiment to grasp given my many years of separation desperation. However, each time I come back here I get to see new places I've never been to. I get to experience not just the trashy sprawl, but the revamping efforts (gentrification) in downtown (a place of much lived history). I see a completely different city than what I grew up in, there's stores I like, art galleries, and coffee places I want to go back to. There's quirky people and hipsters, it feels oddly familiar, but not.

So yesterday, I got to be a tourist and lovely SarahMargaret was my tour guide.

First, she showed me her gorgeous house. (Maybe she can come decorate for Micah and I??)


scout, her roommate's cat


millie, sm's cat



Then she showed me around her area and a little of downtown.




SM, thank you for being my tour guide and showing me bits and pieces of home. Oh, and don't be surprised if I start emailing you constantly asking for design advice!



p.s. Happy 2-month anniversary Micah! I miss you and love you so much!

3 comments:

micah said...

I miss you too wife! When will you be back? Also, your life = 12x better than mine right now. I look forward to dragging you back into the tedium here in CO!

SMarge said...

Awe, I like this post because it is about you and me and our fun day... I love you! And, I love how it is almost questionable about whether or not Millie has ears. Come back to B-ham soon. It is made a better place just with your presence!

vmchechile said...

Why aren't Alabama and Mass closer?...Denver's even worse!! Miss you!