8.06.2009

aloha and mahalo, part 2.

Is it August already..why yes it is!

I'm taking a break from working my arse off in grad school to post the second chapter in the honeymoon trilogy!

DAY 4: We took off early to discover the magic of Hanauma Bay. Unfortunately, it was cloudy and low tide. So, although we saw fish, they weren't flooding around us. Also, they don't allow people to feed the fish anymore, but I'm ok with that because with my luck I'd have attracted something I did not want to.


We suckered some people into taking our picture in full on snorkel gear.

And then we were off to do what we love best: drink coffee!!! We yelped our way to Glazer's Coffee in Honolulu.


Then we found out on our ride home that Michael Jackson died.
I was shocked

Micah was frightened.

After our initial shock & fear, we played a rousing game of croquet.



It's hard to say who won, because I don't remember keeping score. But I think it was this person.


DAY 5: Another day, another snorkeling adventure. We went up to Shark's Cove on the North Shore. We were advised, "If you see a shark smaller than you, you're ok; if you see a shark larger than you, get out of the water!"


We saw TONS of fish. The water was clear & the fish were out.


When lunch time rolled around, we again were advised that we really only had one option...Giovanni's

Giovanni's cooks up shrimp, shrimp that is farmed in nearby pools. Shrimp that is amazing!

You see all that garlic? I was in heaven!


After lunch we hit up turtle cove (a Sheraton hotel/beach), where I got my 546th pina colada.

We capped the night with stouffer's frozen pasta dinners, bread, wine, and sleepless in seattle.

And well these palm trees were just some of the beautiful landscape near the house.


DAY 6:

Why do you ask I am sitting in a hospital room?

Well, let me tell you a little story about ear wax. Ear wax likes to build up and apparently mine likes to prevent me from hearing. After two full days of snorkeling, honeymoon day six rolls around and I can't hear out of my left ear. We think, "perhaps that's something we should take care of." So, we drove on down to the kaiser clinic. Thankfully we got in without too much of a wait and they used that syringe type thing to blast my ear with warm water and break out the wax. I refused to let Micah take a picture of the disgusting, cockroach size piece that came out (sorry if that's too graphic for anyone).

Moving along...

After the morning trauma, we relaxed at kalapawi market with some coffee and a blueberry muffin. This little guy wanted to join. Notice his missing foot?

How could we say no?

Well, we did once all his little friends decided to join him.

In the afternoon, we went into Honolulu (can keep us city folk away). We saw Star Trek, it happen to be just loud enough to hear over the screaming 2 yr old in the theater. Then we went to Ala Mona Beach to bask in the setting sun and of course take some pictures.





Afterwards we drove all around honolulu trying to get on the highway. Let's just say signs aren't marked well. No, let's say there aren't signs. Eventually, we ended up at our destination-Le Bistro, a cute french restaurant in a strip mall. We ate tasty food, we drank wine, we went back home.


In other news the Sara(h)s are coming TODAY!! And, I'm done with summer classes a week from today!!
Yeah!
Coming soon: part 3.

2 comments:

vmchechile said...

All but the earwax is SOO beautiful! Can't wait for the third installment...though I have to admit, it's a little sad. I don't want to see the end! Lucky for you, the honeymoon never has to be over!

micah said...

I just noticed how awesome that necklace works with the flowers in that bus picture on the heading of your blog! Damn girl... you lookin good!!!