12.16.2008

Micah + CG = 3 years

Today is Micah and my 3-year anniversary. Our relationship has come a long way from when it first began on December 16, 2005.

Being on the Urban Program was one of the best decisions I've made. It allowed me to experience faith in a new and fresh way. It introduced me to the city I love so much. It broadened my understanding of suffering, while expanding my experience of hope. I will forever be thankful to the Urban staff, my internship co-workers, my clients, that crazy person on the bus, and especially my fellow urbanites.

Another special thing about the Urban Program: it is where I met my future husband. Although there was much stress around the beginning of our dating relationship, we made it work. It was a hard 7 months of long-distance dating. It was an even harder 1 month of breaking up. And it was still harder to find our rhythm once we got back together and were finally living in the same city. Suffice it to say our relationship has not been the easiest, but I'm so happy that we are where we are. I'm even thankful for the road that brought us here.

I'm lucky to have my best friend be a part of my daily life. He is the person I want to share my happy news with and the person I want to commiserate with when something is terribly wrong. I love his go-with-the-flow attitude towards life. I accept both his perfections and his faults. I am lucky to have someone who will make me chicken noodle soup from scratch when I'm sick and who will draw me a bath before I take the GREs so I can relax.





I love my best friend.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you two are the cutest :) I'm SO glad you came on urban and we got to be friends and I'm even happier that micah found someone to put up with his crazyness :) love you!