12.09.2008

5 hour time limit

What could I get done in 5 hours?

I could take a GRE practice test.


I could bake some cookies, and then some more, and some more.


I could watch a movie double feature.


I could drive to Yosemite National Park.




One thing I could NOT do: Run 26.2 miles.


On Thanksgiving day, I was happy to cheer on my sister and my dad as they ran the Atlanta Marathon. They both did a great job. Here's the picture recap:

the before shot


kristen at mile 8


dad at mile 8


kristen at mile 18


the cheerleaders (aka micah, my mom, and hsiong)


side story: my dad was running a little behind my sister. so, the cheerleaders (me included) went back to the hotel after kristen passed to warm up a bit. about 25 minutes later, my mom and i headed down to wait for my dad to pass. as we walked out of the hotel lobby, i saw my dad passing by. i started running. my mom started running. we ran up a block and crossed the street to cheer as my dad passed! phew, we did it.

the finish line: (kristen ran in with my dad)


kristen's time: 4 hours and 13 minutes
dad's time: 5 hours and 4 minutes


the after shot:


I'm so proud of kristen and my dad. They both did a fantastic job!

and of course who then could forget the traditional thanksgiving feast at the local waffle house:

No comments: