1.29.2012

the little things.

This week at work has been pretty hectic. In fact, since the beginning of January it's been all around chaotic and in the midst of all the new work, I'm still finding my rhythm and routine. Sometimes, it feels like I've been at my job way more than just 3 and 1/2 months. Sometimes it feels like I've been there forever. And, then there are times when I ask so many questions in a day one would think I'd never done the type of work in my life. Oh well, I can still blame things on "the learning curve," at least for a little while longer.

A couple little things that have made my week better are:

1. Granola Cups

photo.JPG

Foodgawker has done it again and they have ingeniously connected me with a new favorite. These granola cups are great. Like a healthy cupcake in the morning. Lately, starting my day on time has been a challenge. Why, oh why, do I keep pressing the snooze button!?! But, these little bites of wonderful granola and yogurt and fruit are splendid, and seriously helped me get up earlier than normal this past week. I'm not ashamed to admit food can motivate me to do something.

2. Cheese, Crackers, Fruit, and Nut Spread

photo.JPG

I don't know if I love anything as simple so much. Chunk of cheese, cut up some apple, toss in some almonds and crackers, and I am a happy person.

Sometimes it's the little things that help make it through a busy week.

No comments: