12.11.2011

It's a Woodstock Thanksgiving, Part II.

Seriously, where does the time go? I swear I just got back from thanksgiving break, and yet the plethora of christmas parties would dictate that the holiday season is in full swing. Sometimes the days just blur together and then all of a sudden two weeks have passed and it's hard to believe.

Well, since I already left you (two readers out there) hanging in suspense over the end of my thanksgiving, I suppose I'll finish that up before moving on to anything more recent.

Thanksgiving day started with a 5k run/walk. The whole family participated. It was cold, as evidenced by our facial expressions in the picture below. Micah and I finished in somewhere around 35 minutes, not too shabby for not training beforehand.

P1060653

We were all pretty hungry when we got back, so it was a good thing that we didn't have to wait long for the snacking to commence. (If you want a full account of our menu for the day, see the post my sister wrote on it).

Our appetizers:

70d51f1816c511e1abb01231381b65e3_7

This year was my first vegan thanksgiving and it was darn good. We even veganized my grandmother's sweet potato casserole, which is an all-time holiday favorite of mine.

P1060671

We also made this pretty and amazing cocktail: The Floating Star

P1060656

After dinner, came the desserts.

P1060675

P1060672

And after desserts, there was thanksgiving dance offs via the kinect. Unfortunately, there is no photographic proof, but trust me when I say there's is nothing more wonderful than watching family members battle it out through mimicking some killer dance moves.

Lastly, I just want to give a shout out to these cupcakes fully decked out in their houndstooth finest for this year's Iron Bowl. We stayed in Woodstock for most of Saturday so we could all watch the game together. It was definitely worth it given that Alabama won and that these cupcakes were fantastic!

P1060679

No comments: