9.12.2010

the stanley hotel.

After getting the chance to spend the day with Crystal when she was in Colorado, it was great to have Micah's parents out to visit us that next weekend.


We took them all around town (made much easier in that they rented a car that was able to get us places quickly). But, we also went up to the mountains, to Estes Park. It too is your typical mountain town with the tacky t-shirt and salt water taffy stores. The scenery though is quite beautiful.


Estes Park is probably most know for the Stanley Hotel.


It is the inspiration for Stephen King's book and the location of the movie The Shining. Which is a horror book/film, and therefore the reason for why I have never read/seen it. However, I could just imagine how scared I would be if I were to.


Just being in the lobby was creepy enough for me.


There's a long history of the hotel, too long to be summarized here. But, if you're interested, you could go here to read up on it.



I know one thing for sure, I would NEVER stay there overnight. There's no doubt in my mind that I would not sleep one bit. And, why on earth would I want to put myself through that torture!

No comments: