1.03.2013

a look at 2012 and a small thought for 2013.

photo.JPG
Pacific Ocean at Sunset

Looking back at this past year, parts of it seem like an utter blur. Days became weeks and weeks became months and before I knew it 2012 was over. If I could sum up this year in a word (although it couldn't nearly suffice) it would be Retrospective. This year I finally took the plunge to taking care of myself more deeply, more intentionally. In January, I started therapy. It was for myself, to experience what it was like and to uproot some things from my past and authentically look at how they impact my present. Being in therapy has allowed me to see myself a little more clearly, and to give myself a little more grace, and to tangibly understand how taking care of myself can mean being able to be more present in other relationships as well. Retrospective means looking backward, contemplating past events and situations.

photo.JPG
Art sculpture by one of my clients.

This past year I needed to look back in order to move forward.


2012 was also a year of planning adventures, celebrating friendships, witnessing love, creating home, imagining family growth, conquering a triathlon, being spontaneous, and discovering passions.


photo.JPG
Cheering on the Oregon Ducks as they defeated Cal.

My word for 2013 is Present, as in to be fully in the moment. To plan, but not too far ahead so not to miss what's happening today. I'm not really making any resolutions this year. I'm continuing my attempt to complete my 30 by 30 list and I'm hoping 2013 is full of letting myself embrace not what is to come, but what is now.

No comments: