7.05.2012

Heather + Tyson

The wedding locale was absolutely beautiful. It was on the property at The Hawk and Ivy bed and breakfast. And although I would be hesitant to recommend the b&b (due to the quirkiness of its owners), the property is incredible.
IMG_0898

The old tobacco barn has been redone and is so cute with all its strung lights and country feel.
IMG_0905

Seriously, this place is insane! Obviously my phone doesn't do it justice, but you can get an idea of how awesome it is.

IMG_0914

Girls Trip and Heather's Wedding June 2012 043

The night before, at the rehearsal dinner, there was a time to toast the soon-to-be newlyweds. I couldn't pull myself together enough to make one, but as I sat there taking in everyone's sincere and heartfelt words of love and encouragement, I couldn't help but smile, inside and out, for how excited I am to see Heather and Tyson journey together as a couple in this life.

IMG_0915

Heather is my kindred spirit. Our friendship has seen us through some of life's tougher times and I am so grateful for that. We have always been able to have the deep conversations, no matter how much time has lapsed. I know I can share anything with her, even if it's that I disagree. But mainly we are kindred spirits because we can share that life is hard and life is ugly sometimes and yet still remind one another that in the day-to-day grime there is beauty and there is love, and it is worth it.

IMG_0917

Heather, your joy on your wedding day was absolutely infectious. You were truly a radiant bride. I couldn't be any happier for you that you have found someone that makes you smile, that gets lost in conversation with you, and that I'm sure indulges your "would you rather" and "what if" games. Love each other well, as the connection you have is beautiful. I'm excited to get to know him more as the years go by. I'm excited to see where the wind takes the two of you, together.

IMG_0916
IMG_0918

After the ceremony and after some picture taking, it poured rain, hail storm and all.
And then it was over in 5 minutes.
And there was a little cool relief from the heat.
Somewhere in there is a metaphor for marriage.

IMG_0919

Oh happy times!
Girls Trip and Heather's Wedding June 2012 051-1

Fortunately for everyone, I don't have video prove of the dance that was performed so elegantly by yours truly, Heather, MK, and Hava (Heather's twin sister). But, to give you an idea of the dance concept, you can watch THIS video.
IMG_0920

And, I end on this note. Because this is Heather + Tyson. And this is love.
IMG_0921

No comments: