4.02.2012

a quilt in progress, part 2.

I did some more work on my quilt this weekend. After cutting out all those squares, I needed to cut them into triangles. It was monotonous work, but thankfully it didn't take too long to accomplish. Again, it came in handy to have my trusty rotary cutter and cutting mat.

photo.JPG

The basic gist is that all those triangle pieces will get sown together in a pinwheel shape.

photo.JPG

See all those triangle pieces. I'm pretty excited about them.

photo.JPG

One of the things that I've already learned about quilting is that the whole process is an exercise in patience. Each phase of quilting (so far) hasn't been difficult in the technique required, it just takes time and patience to measure and cut and measure and cut. I like that there is a rhythm to it, even if it is slightly mechanical. I also like the idea of little pieces being used to create something big and purposeful.

No comments: